Skip to main content

Thursday the 9th and Friday the 10th

Thursday the 9th
Our German teacher was not at school today, which meant that the whole class had to sit in a huge room for an hour and not talk. So that was fun. After that I had science/biology for the first time, which started out with a test that I was not prepared for, but I still believe that I at least passed it. All of the answers were on the front side and the questions were on the back side and they could easily be filled out with some common sense - either that or I completely failed the test. We didn't really do anything for the rest of the lesson but copy the answers to questions that another student had finished. Before we could go to lunch, all of the international students from our class went to see an English teacher that helps us out if anything is going wrong. The teacher had really good English and was extremely nice.

Alex wanted to get kebabs and I was on board, but when we got the the kebab place I changed my mind because they were expensive! I had brought a pb & j from home, so I just ate that. We arrived back at school like 30 minutes before class started so we hung out with everyone else on the terrace and I met some new people. After lunch, we had 3 hours of English. The first hour with one teacher and the last two with another. I had prepared a presentation about Villach and the Austrian school system for the first class and it took the whole lesson - it went pretty well and I got asked some intelligent questions.

School seems to get out at the most inconvenient times for me! A bus always leaves 5 minutes before I get out and 30 minutes later, so I have to wait alone for 30 minutes at the bus station, where there are no seats. Granted, it's not a huge inconvenience but it does annoy me enough to share here.

Friday the 10th
We had gym first period today and we had to take a bus to get there, and we proceeded to do nothing. We were supposed to do stepping but all we really did was get the steps out and sit on them for an hour before the teacher came over and did one routine with us. Completely pointless. We had 2 more classes before lunch, which we spent on the terrace again. We also had philosophy for the first time in the afternoon which was mildly interesting.

I took the bus to the store after school to get some greek yoghurt and almonds as I have been noticing that I have not been eating enough protein so I have decided to start my day out with some greek yoghurt with an orange and some almonds. So even if I don't have a particularly healthy day, I will have a good breakfast. I had also been planning to take the bus back, but I decided to get some exercise and I walked home. But on the way back this I got this overwhelming feeling and I had to walk away from our house. I walked for like an hour through a park and I had no idea where I was, but I needed to get away. I was listening to Joanne and wasn't thinking about anything, which I think was a good change for me.



instagram: @amelia_navarre

facebook: Navarream

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Hi! My name is Amelia - I am from Southern California, but I have been living in Austria for 6 years, so I speak English and German fluently. I am going to school in Vienne, France for 6 months while living with a host family. I have been learning French at school for 4 years so I hope that my French is good enough, but I guess we'll find out once I start living there! I flew from Vienna, Austria to Lyon, France (which is about 30 min away fromVienne) onFriday the 13th of January.
As I mentioned before I will be living with a host family. They have 3 children, two sons (one of which doesn't live at home anymore) and a daughter. They also have a small dog named Loupy and a cat named Vermicelle, which is great because I love animals! I am in 10th grade and will be attending the "deuxième classe" in Vienne at a Lycée. 

Last day of school

Thursday the 8th of June
*sigh* Today was a sad day. It was the last time that I would see most of my classmates which is unfortunate, as I was growing to like more and more of them. We had 2 hours of school this morning which I found to be utterly unnecessary and in my mind was not a sufficient reason to get out of bed, but I somehow found myself watching a movie at 8 in French class. Not that the movie was bad or anything, on the contrary actually, but I would have much rather been sleeping. I know, I know... #relatableteen

Anyway, since we got out at 10 and had a little good-bye party with the class at 1:45, Paul, Asuka and I went back to my house for 3 hours. I didn't really have anything planned, and no one was home, so we just ate ice cream, gave each other back rubs, and listened to music, which sounds really weird, but Paul and I both have back problems and boy did he know how to give a mean massage. He knew like where all the trigger points were and it was extremely relax…

1 negative and 3 positives

Let me set the scene: a bored Amelia in DS, a sheet of unused paper, a pen, and 3 hours of nothing to do...

If you don't know, Ds is "devoir surveillé" or "surveilled work". My class has it every Monday, usually for 3 hours. It's in a different subject every week. So what happens it, we get questions to answer and then we answer them. Seems simple right? RIGHT. That is why I don't understand why we are locked in a room for 3 hours when most of us are done after the first hour or so. And we don't get to leave early, no, we have to stay in here for the rest of the lesson with nothing to do! We cannot talk, we cannot read, we cannot do homework. I mean, I would much rather do homework or study than be locked in a room for 3 hours! It doesn't make any sense!

Like today for example, our DS was in history and he gave us 2 things to do. Part 1: define some vocab; Part 2: Write a text about the World Wars and he gave us one line to go off of! Like, how …