Skip to main content

A very active day

Saturday the 11th of Febuary
I walked for 3 1/2 hours today! This morning, my host mom, dad, brother and I went to the market to get some fresh produce - we walked around for about an hour and got some lettuce, oranges, cow cheese, artichokes and a few avocados for my school lunches (I can't eat pb&j's everyday...). I love going to the market, there are so many different stands there selling different specialties like cheeses, olives and mushrooms - the atmosphere is great. 
We didn't go straight home, because we had to pick up the fresh bread at the boulangerie - obviously. I always feel very French when I hold baguettes. 
















We arrived back home around 12, so we made lunch and ate together. We tried the cheeses, that we had bought - some firmer and some softer cow cheese. The firmer one had a much more intense flavor and the softer one was very creamy and mild - the latter of the two tasted much better to me probably because the first one smelt bad in my mouth, if that is even possible.


Since the weather had been so great at the market, we decided not to waste a day being cooped up in the house, so my host mom, sister and I drove to Lyon to go to the big park there and walk Loupy. We were there for a good 2 hours! We walked around the whole park which included a lake, a zoo and 2 wedding photoshoots. I had so much fun talking to my host mom and sister, today was one of my favorite days with them so far.

























We were starting to get hungry and tired towards the end of our walk and I was craving macarons, so we decided to find a pâtisserie. We first went to a boulangerie that didn't sell macarons and had to walk about 5 minutes to a pâtisserie that did. This place was amazing. They had all different types of cakes and pastries, chocolates and meringues, éclairs and bugnes and so much more! It was heaven and to work there would be my dream job. I bought 16 macarons for the family for a reasonable price. I got to choose the flavors, so I got some chocolate, lemon, 2 types of strawberry and chocolate mint. Everyone seemed to enjoy them (and so did I).




















instagram: @amelia_navarre



facebook: Navarream

Comments

  1. The joy in your day and treats is palpable - making me smile and so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic day!! The little doggie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

About me

Hi! My name is Amelia - I am from Southern California, but I have been living in Austria for 6 years, so I speak English and German fluently. I am going to school in Vienne, France for 6 months while living with a host family. I have been learning French at school for 4 years so I hope that my French is good enough, but I guess we'll find out once I start living there! I flew from Vienna, Austria to Lyon, France (which is about 30 min away fromVienne) onFriday the 13th of January.
As I mentioned before I will be living with a host family. They have 3 children, two sons (one of which doesn't live at home anymore) and a daughter. They also have a small dog named Loupy and a cat named Vermicelle, which is great because I love animals! I am in 10th grade and will be attending the "deuxième classe" in Vienne at a Lycée. 

Last day of school

Thursday the 8th of June
*sigh* Today was a sad day. It was the last time that I would see most of my classmates which is unfortunate, as I was growing to like more and more of them. We had 2 hours of school this morning which I found to be utterly unnecessary and in my mind was not a sufficient reason to get out of bed, but I somehow found myself watching a movie at 8 in French class. Not that the movie was bad or anything, on the contrary actually, but I would have much rather been sleeping. I know, I know... #relatableteen

Anyway, since we got out at 10 and had a little good-bye party with the class at 1:45, Paul, Asuka and I went back to my house for 3 hours. I didn't really have anything planned, and no one was home, so we just ate ice cream, gave each other back rubs, and listened to music, which sounds really weird, but Paul and I both have back problems and boy did he know how to give a mean massage. He knew like where all the trigger points were and it was extremely relax…

1 negative and 3 positives

Let me set the scene: a bored Amelia in DS, a sheet of unused paper, a pen, and 3 hours of nothing to do...

If you don't know, Ds is "devoir surveillé" or "surveilled work". My class has it every Monday, usually for 3 hours. It's in a different subject every week. So what happens it, we get questions to answer and then we answer them. Seems simple right? RIGHT. That is why I don't understand why we are locked in a room for 3 hours when most of us are done after the first hour or so. And we don't get to leave early, no, we have to stay in here for the rest of the lesson with nothing to do! We cannot talk, we cannot read, we cannot do homework. I mean, I would much rather do homework or study than be locked in a room for 3 hours! It doesn't make any sense!

Like today for example, our DS was in history and he gave us 2 things to do. Part 1: define some vocab; Part 2: Write a text about the World Wars and he gave us one line to go off of! Like, how …