Skip to main content

An important day

Sunday the 15th of January 10:43 AM
I am so tired.

Sunday the 15th of January 8:27 PM
Today was a very eventful day! I woke up kind of late and after I ate breakfast we (host mom, sister and brother) went to play field hockey with some of my host mom's friends. It is a strange sport if I do say so myself. The felid hockey sticks are very short, so you are constantly bending over to get the ball and there are many rules that you have to stick to. For example the ball has to be touching the ground at all times, and you can only use one side of the stick. Even though it was a strange experience I really enjoyed myself and I think bonded a little with my host brother and sister. We played two matches and then had something to eat - I haven't been very hungry for some reason, so I didn't eat much.

I came home with my host mom, because I was very tired and she was coming home anyway - then I went to sleep for like 3 hours and halfway through Vermicelle came in and slept with me. I then offered to take Loupy on a walk, and met my host sister outside so we walked her together around the neighborhood. We had a great talk about school and I understand the French school system a lot better now. They have 6 weeks of school and then 2 weeks off! I don't even get how that is possible, but I am fine with it.

When we got back we chatted on my bed for like an hour and I feel like we understand each other more and get along better. Then we ate, and the food was so good! We had fish, rice and green beans and boy am I happy that I was hungry! I then gave them the presents that I brought from Austria and the US (Kürbiskern pesto, Styrian mustard, apricot jam, Mannner, Zotter and Hershey's kisses). Then my host sister gave me a beautiful drawing! of a dandelion!

I think that today was a very important day for me. This morning I was telling myself that I was an idiot for thinking that I could stay here for 6 months, but now I am more excited than ever. Good night!

instagram: @amelia_navarre
facebook: Navarream


Popular posts from this blog

Last day of school

Thursday the 8th of June
*sigh* Today was a sad day. It was the last time that I would see most of my classmates which is unfortunate, as I was growing to like more and more of them. We had 2 hours of school this morning which I found to be utterly unnecessary and in my mind was not a sufficient reason to get out of bed, but I somehow found myself watching a movie at 8 in French class. Not that the movie was bad or anything, on the contrary actually, but I would have much rather been sleeping. I know, I know... #relatableteen

Anyway, since we got out at 10 and had a little good-bye party with the class at 1:45, Paul, Asuka and I went back to my house for 3 hours. I didn't really have anything planned, and no one was home, so we just ate ice cream, gave each other back rubs, and listened to music, which sounds really weird, but Paul and I both have back problems and boy did he know how to give a mean massage. He knew like where all the trigger points were and it was extremely relax…


I am leaving France tomorrow. I don't know exactly how I feel about this fact. So much about me has changed here and I feel like I will be leaving an important part of myself behind when I return home. It feels kind of weird to say "return home", because Vienne has become my home. Not just as in the place that I reside, but where I feel comfortable and among family. I have so many memories in this house, positive and negative, that leaving it is heart-breaking. It's not the same feeling as when I left Austria, because I knew that I would have something to return to and that I would be leaving for only 5 months, and now I know that I will never return to this house or go to the same lycée with the same people which is really sad right now.

- The next day -

I'm on the plane right now, almost about to take off, and so many things are going through my head right now. How has this flown by so quick? I remember saying goodbye to Pops and arriving in Lyon with Norah and…

First EYP session!

WARNING! This is a very long post. Settle in. Make sure you're comfy. Ok, now start. 

Thursday the 29th of March 
My journey began today! I left school after my English test at 1:45 and took the bus home. I was super nervous. There was really nothing to be nervous about, but I always find a way. I finished writing a few things for the Eurovillage (Friday night) and I finished packing up all of my stuff. I took a bus to the train station where I took a train to Saint-Martin-de-Crau, where my host grandma graciously let me stay Thursday and Sunday night, because there were no direct trains from Vienne to Aix early enough on Friday. Anyway, I’m not going to go into much detail on what happened on Thursday – so lets talk about the fun stuff!

Friday the 30th of March
I had to wake up at 5:55 this morning. Not ideal for a Friday morning, but I had so much adrenaline that I didn’t even notice how tired I probably was. I took the bus to Aix, and then another one from Aix to Luynes where the…